Dunno. I’ve certainly been interested and intrigued and enamored and deeply and dangerously obsessed. Everyone falls victim to the whole spectrum. Maybe it was in there somewhere.
Pretty good. I’m currently working in an internship in St. Louis learning a lot, and I’m all set to go to Japan for another one in the fall. It’s a little lonely out here though…
I wanted to do some work, didn’t want to fritter away the morning in chatter. I wanted to make lists. So I did. Like this one:
1. make list;
2. experience the reduction of stress that comes from the mere creation of a list;
3. come to the realization that this reduction in stress is illusory as it fails to be based on any tangible accomplishment;
4. armed with this realization, accomplish actual, necessary tasks, but first;
5. so as to avoid scattershot activity, and maximize productivity, think of what needs to be done and make a list.
- A Naked Singularity by Sergio de la Pava
idk how long this has been sitting in my inbox my bad hahaha
Source of inspiration… for what? Like a life role model? A muse? An architect/artist whose work I like?
I guess a lot comes from movies. Some directors… Wong Kar Wai these days is a big one for me. Jean Luc Godard. Darren Aronofsky. Wes Anderson. Also a few loose films that have impacted me a lot recently… Sunshine by Danny Boyle and La Jetee by Chris Marker (Thanks Professor Yoder)
I could go on about musicians and artists and architects but I’m not trying to bore anyone. One more name though, Olafur Elaisson. He’s not exactly an architect, but he’s the one who got me into it all.
- An excerpt from A Naked Singularity by Sergio de la Pava